BARBER ROBS #15,000 AND 3 HANDSETS FROM HAIRDRESSER

Mr. John James
A barber, Mr. John James, has been arrested by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly robbing a hairdressing salon at Apple Junction, FESTAC Town, Lagos.
PUNCH Metro learnt that James, who dispossessed his victims of N15,000 and three handsets, was also a member of the Eiye Confraternity.
Our correspondent gathered that 27-year-old James, who hails from Kogi State and was living at Oguntimehin Street, Ajegunle, Lagos, before he was apprehended, had carried out the robbery at the saloon with two other members of his gang.
The police noted that the other two members were still at large.
The SARS operatives, it was further learnt, recovered a locally-made pistol and two cartridges from James.
In his confession, James said he had earlier taken part in two robbery operations, before he was apprehended by SARS.
He said, “I was formerly working with a sugar company. But later, I quit and began my barbing salon. I was running the barbing salon at Ojo Road, Lagos. On that day, three of us had gone for the robbery operation. We collected three phones and N15,000 from the women in the salon. This is not the first time I would be robbing a hairdressing salon. We once robbed a salon at Orile Iganmu also this year.”
James, who is still single and lived with his mother, also confirmed that he was a member of the Eiye cult.
“I belong to the Eiye Confraternity. But in 2012, I was arrested by the police in Old Ojo Road for street fighting. Then, I was arraigned at the Agbo Malu Magistrate’s Court and remanded for about two weeks. Concerning this robbery, the gun they caught with me is not mine. It belongs to Jude, my gang member,” he said.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, said, “I am not aware please.”

Comments

Popular Posts